- 1150.00 - 1400.00 INR
- Insoluble in water
- Room Temperature
- 48 to 55 C
- Organic Chemicals
- Food, pharmaceutical, Edible oils, Fats, Meat products Flavours, Cosmetics, Vitamins Waxes, Essential oils, Tallow Sausage, Chewing gum base Potatoes & cereals food packaging material Pharmaceutical
- 4-methoxyphenol and isobutylene
- Toothpastes, Pharmaceutical, Rubber, Fertilizer, medicine, food, Industrial
Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) is an antioxidant consisting of a mixture of two isomeric organic compounds, 2-tert-butyl-4-hydroxyanisole and 3-tert-butyl-4-hydroxyanisole. It is prepared from 4-methoxyphenol and isobutylene. It is a waxy solid used as a food additive with the E number E320. The primary use for BHA is as an antioxidant and preservative in food, food packaging, animal feed, cosmetics, rubber, and petroleum products. BHA also is commonly used in medicines, such as isotretinoin, lovastatin, and simvastatin, among others.
BHA has been added to edible fats and fat-containing foods for its antioxidant properties as it prevents rancidification of food which creates objectionable odors. Like butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT), the conjugated aromatic ring of BHA is able to stabilize free radicals, sequestering them. By acting as free radical scavengers, further free radical reactions are prevented.
A synthetic phenolic antioxidant Butylated Hydroxyanisole (BHA) is a commonly used fat soluble food preservative since 1947, with a broad biological activities. It prevents spoilage by reacting with oxygen. It slows down development of off-flavours, odours and colour changes caused by oxidation. It protects animals against radiation and the acute toxicity of various xenobiotics and mutagens.
- Vadodara, Vapi, Ankleshwar, Gujarat, Ahmedabad, India
- Days after Acceptance (DA), Cheque, Cash in Advance (CID), Cash Advance (CA)
- 50000 Per Month
- 3 Days
- Within a certain price range free samples are available
- 50 kgs
- Africa, Middle East, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America, North America, Central America, Australia, Asia
- All India
FF/7, Hiravanti Chambers, Opp. Aryakanya Vidhyalay, Kareli Baugh,, Vadodara, Gujarat, 390018, India