- 70.00 - 140.00 INR
- Room Temperature
- Solubility in water at 20Â°C: good
- N-Alkyl-N-benzyl-N,N-dimethylammonium chloride; Alkyldimethylbenzylammonium chloride; ADBAC; BC50 BC80; Quaternary ammonium compounds; quats
- 283.88 Grams (g)
- 50% & 80%
- Alkyldimethylbenzylammonium chloride
- 264-151-6 / 269-919-4 / 270-325-2 / 287-089-1
- Industrial Grade
- Disinfection, Biocides, Sanitization
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Textile Industry, Printing Industry, Oil Industry, Paper, Water Treatment, Pharmaceutical, Organic Synthesis, medicine, food, Industrial
Benzalkonium chloride (BZK, BKC, BAK, BAC), also known as alkyldimethylbenzylammonium chloride (ADBAC) and by the trade name Zephiran, is a type of cationic surfactant. It is an organic salt classified as a quaternary ammonium compound.
Benzalkonium chloride also possesses surfactant properties, dissolving the lipid phase of the tear film and increasing drug penetration, making it a useful excipient, but at the risk of causing damage to the surface of the eye.
Benzalkonium chloride is a mainstay of phase-transfer catalysis, an important technology in the synthesis of organic compounds, including drugs.
Especially for its antimicrobial activity, benzalkonium chloride is an active ingredient in many consumer products:
- Pharmaceutical products such as eye, ear and nasal drops or sprays, as a preservative
- Personal care products such as hand sanitizers, wet wipes, shampoos, soaps, deodorants and cosmetics
- Skin antiseptics and wound wash sprays, such as Bactine.
- Throat lozenges and mouthwashes, as a biocide
- Spermicidal creams
- Over-the-counter single-application treatments for herpes, cold-sores, and fever blisters, such as RELEEV and Viroxyn
- Burn and ulcer treatment
- Spray disinfectants for hard surface sanitization
- Cleaners for floor and hard surfaces as a disinfectant, such as Lysol and Dettol antibacterial spray and wipes.
- Algaecides for clearing of algae, moss, lichens from paths, roof tiles, swimming pools, masonry, etc.
Benzalkonium chloride is also used in many non-consumer processes and products, including as an active ingredient in surgical disinfection. A comprehensive list of uses includes industrial applications.An advantage of benzalkonium chloride, not shared by ethanol-based antiseptics or hydrogen peroxide antiseptic, is that it does not cause a burning sensation when applied to broken skin. However, prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause dermatitis.
- Vadodara, Vapi, Surat, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Gujarat, India
- Letter of Credit (L/C), Delivery Point (DP), Cash in Advance (CID), Cash Advance (CA)
- 50000 Per Month
- 7 Days
- Within a certain price range free samples are available
- 50 kgs, 200 kgs & Tanker Load
- Africa, Middle East, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America, North America, Central America, Australia, Asia
- All India
- ISO, FDI
FF/7, Hiravanti Chambers, Opp. Aryakanya Vidhyalay, Kareli Baugh,, Vadodara, Gujarat, 390018, India